Lions, and dragons, and bats – oh my! Who knew the Museum was crawling with so many animals? Find animals, real and imaginary, as they appear in artworks from all over the world. The animals in our collection come from various cultures and time periods, and are used for many reasons on many objects. Learn the stories of the animals and the artists who brought them to life.
4K–K: 45 minutes
Grades 1–2: 60 minutes
- Close looking
- Helping students visually digest an artwork
- Analysis of formal elements and principles
- Search for animals, real and imaginary, as they appear in artworks from a variety of cultures and time periods
- Discover how people use images of animals symbolically and as decoration
- Develop observational and perceptual skills by identifying animals in paintings, sculptures, and textiles
Click on a link below to explore tour correlations with Alabama Courses of Study.