School tour scheduling
School tours are available Tuesday through Friday 9:30am to 3:30pm. School tours of the Museum are FREE except for ticketed special exhibitions.
Please schedule at least three weeks in advance. Tour bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule a free docent-led tour, please fill out our online request form here: Book A Tour
You will receive a response to your tour request within 5 business days. Tours are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Museum’s Education Department at 205.254.2964.
- Exhibition dates: December 8, 2018 – April 22, 2019
- Tour capacity: 15 people
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Age range: the tour content is geared toward an adult audience, but people of all ages are welcome!
- Book Now
Tours for students by grade level
Click on a tour for details and to book.
Grades K – 2: Art Safari
70 visitor capacity // due to studio size, 60 student capacity if booking tour & studio combo
Grades 3 – 5: Color My World
60 visitor capacity
Grades 6 – 8: Crosscurrents of Culture
60 visitor capacity
Grades 9 – 12: European Masterpieces: The Grand Tour
75 visitor capacity // due to studio size, 60 student capacity if booking tour & studio combo
Grades 1 – 12: Museum Adventure
100 visitor capacity
Additional School Tours
- BMA Your Way (Don’t see a tour that correlates to the needs of your classroom? With BMA Your Way, we’ll customize a tour to correlate to a specific subject or theme)
- Visually Impaired Program
Studio add-on options for tours
The Museum offers hands-on art lessons for students. Book a studio option when you schedule a tour and discover how art comes alive in the hands of your students.
- Each studio adds approximately one hour to the tour
- Studios are limited to a maximum group size of 60 students
- Studio options are available September through May
Click on the tour descriptions above to find out what studio add-on is offered with each tour!
Want to tour on your own?
Self-guided groups are welcome to visit the Museum on their own. Contact us at email@example.com to reserve your space at least three weeks in advance. Gallery space is limited.