Welcome to your Museum!
Bart the Art Bat has come up with tons of fun things for kids and adults to do together! Explore, discover, and create art with Bart the Art Bat, the Museum’s fun and funky mascot!
- Explore the world
- Discover new things
- Create art
- Share quality family time
- Make new memories
- Have tons of fun with your family!
Tips for a Fun Family Visit
Don’t Try Too Much!
There is lots to see and do at the Museum, but little legs and little eyes get tired easily. You can have a great time looking at just a few works of art or visiting one of our hands-on areas. Plan to spend about 30 minutes to an hour at the Museum with your child.
Remember, we are FREE and open 6 days a week, so you can come back as often as you like!
Where to Find Things
Museum staff and volunteers are happy to answer your questions. Look for them in Bart’s ArtVenture, Museum entrances, and the Information Desk.
Enjoy your snacks and drinks in the lobby areas or the Red Mountain Garden Club Memorial Garden. Or try out the delicious food in Oscar’s Cafe. Any food or drink must be sealed and remain in bags while enjoying the galleries.
Restrooms are located on each floor. Changing stations are in the restroom on the first floor off the Main Lobby.
Strollers and Wheelchairs
Feel free to use your own strollers or child carriers on the front, but please don’t carry children on your back or shoulders. Strollers and wheelchairs may be checked out from the Security Officer at the parking lot entrance.
- In the Museum galleries, please look with your eyes–not with your hands. Even clean hands leave dirt and oils that damage artworks.
- Adults, please stay with your children and explore the Museum together.
- Pick up a BMA pencil for free at the entrances! Pens are not allowed in the galleries because ink can stain and we want to keep our artwork safe.
- Please keep a safe distance from the art (at least an adult arm’s length distance away).
- You are welcome to carry bags smaller than 14.5″ wide x 17″ high x 8″ deep in the Museum. Small backpacks must be carried on front to avoid accidentally bumping into art. You can even check out a BMA tote for free at the entrances to carry belongings!
- Please take lots of pictures! Just be sure to turn off your flash and note that photographic equipment, including selfie sticks, is not allowed in the galleries.
Before you leave…
Get your ArtVenture Passport stamped! ArtVenture Passport is a visitor reward program for families. You can collect up to two stamps per visit. Collect six stamps and get a cool prize from Bart the Art Bat! Passports are available from the attendant in Bart’s ArtVenture.
Remember Your Visit
Shop the Museum Store and take home a souvenir, art supplies, books, postcards, and more.