Although Art On The Rocks presented by Dale’s Seasoning is an annual series, no single event is the same. This month’s Art On The Rocks is bursting with an exciting new lineup of food, cocktails, artist demonstrations, and live entertainment! Read along for tips and tricks on making Art On The Rocks your best Friday night of the summer.
- Be one of the first 50 Members at Art On The Rocks and receive a free swag bag. The Birmingham Museum of Art has partnered with Aviate, Tito’s Vodka, 20 Midtown, and Birmingham Magazine to give Museum Members a little special something. Not a Member? Don’t fret! You can join at the door and receive a discounted ticket price in addition to your swag bag.
- Watch as the BMA unveils its newest exhibition. The Museum will unveil contemporary artist Marianne Nicolson’s installation Waterline during Friday’s event. Nicolson brings Indigenous histories and worldviews to light through this immersive experience.
- Pick up a paint brush and paint with Blank Space or watch as Bonnybee weaves macrame magic. Blank Space has painted the city of Birmingham, and now they are bringing their talents to the BMA. Join in on this creative collaboration by helping paint their newest mural. Outside, local maker Bonnybee will be intricately crafting fiber art through macrame knots. Stop by and check out her fascinating creation!
- Channel your inner fashionista with Splashed by DKG. This luxury streetwear brand based in Birmingham is known for hand-constructed garments marked by bold, meticulously designed textiles. Come see their designs dazzle with the Museum serving as the perfect runway!
- Check out performances by Seratones and Seasick Records. Hailing from Shreveport, Louisiana, the Seratones’ big sounds serve up a combination of Southern musicality, garage rock ferocity, and general badassery. Meanwhile, local legend Seasick Records will keep the party going all night long, spinning records indoors and out.
Art On The Rocks presented by Dale’s Seasoning will take place on Friday, July 27, from 7-11PM. Tickets are available online and at the door.