Be a part of Third Space, the Birmingham Museum of Art’s new contemporary exhibition. As a gallery attendant, you will experience the largest exhibition of contemporary art from the Museum’s own collection in an unforgettable way. We can’t do wha t we do at the Museum without our volunteers, so here are five reasons to sign up today!
- You love to learn about art. Volunteers will have the opportunity to learn about contemporary art with an exclusive, behind-the-scenes curator-led tour of Third Space at training! You will also have access to Museum resources to learn more about art in the exhibition.
- You want to contribute to your Museum and community. By donating your time as a gallery attendant in Third Space, you will help make your Museum a welcoming place for all visitors and make a positive impact on the Birmingham community.
- You like to make friends with similar interests. Third Space volunteers will meet other volunteers, Museum staff, and visitors who also have an interest in art and love spending time at the Museum.
- You need experience. Volunteering is a valuable experience that helps with discovering interests, meeting new people, and resumé-building. Volunteers will have the opportunity to learn about the workings of the Museum through curator-led tours, helping out with day-to-day activities, and supporting Museum staff at events.
- You like free stuff. Third Space gallery attendants will earn rewards for hours volunteered such as Museum swag, tickets to events, memberships, and more!
Volunteers are needed starting January 27 for this exciting two-year exhibition. Applications for volunteers who will sign up for January-July 2017 are due by January 16, and volunteers will have the option of attending training on Friday, January 20 from 10am-12pm OR Saturday, January 21 from 2-4pm. Sign up today by completing our online application or by emailing Lindsey Hammel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted year-round for volunteers who want to be included in the next training session.