Who’s ready to pARTy? Art On The Rocks presented by Dale’s Seasoning is back and better than ever as Birmingham’s most popular summer series! Featuring an unforgettable performance by Houston-based band The Suffers, Art On The Rocks brings the Magic City a Friday night filled with artist collaborations, interactive performances, food, cocktails, and more!
Here are five things you won’t want to miss at tomorrow night’s event:
- Photo Installations in the Sculpture Garden. The creative folks at Shoppe and Zoe’s in Forest Park have styled a lush, floral installation that will serve as the coolest, most Insta-worthy backdrop for every Art On The Rocks look.
- Interactive Mural by John Lytle Wilson: Robot invasions and neon monkeys, oh my! Birmingham artist John Lytle Wilson disrupts traditional artistic scenes with nontraditional imagery. Pick up a brush and get in on the action as he paints a community mural in the Bromberg’s Lounge.
- The Debut of artist Amy Sherald’s Painting: Acclaimed artist Amy Sherald is most famous for her commission of Michelle Obama’s official portrait which hangs in the National Gallery in Washington, D.C. Be there as the BMA unveils this bright a beautiful portrait for the first time.
- LED Performance by Luminarts Entertainment: Luminarts Entertainment presented by Tito’s will light up the night with two out-of-this world LED neon dance performances in Oscar’s Café and the Upper Plaza. Make sure to grab a glow stick necklace and light up the dance floor!
- Musical Performances by The Audiovore, Gina T, and The Suffers: Find the Audiovore playing eclectic party playlists on the indoor dance floor or join Gina T on the outdoor terrace and dance to some sweet beats all night long— the choice is yours! Eight-piece wonder-band The Suffers will hit the stage after dark to bring contemporary Gulf Coast soul to the masses.
Visit artsbma.org for more information or to purchase tickets. Art On The Rocks will take place on Friday, June 8, from 7-11PM.