Teen BMA provides art-minded teens with exclusive access to Museum staff and operations, opportunities to learn from professional artists, and hands-on volunteer experience. The program culminates with a teen-organized exhibition that will be on view in the Museum’s Education Gallery. Teen BMA members with at least one year of experience in the program will have the opportunity to serve on the Teen BMA Council where they will develop leadership skills as they mentor incoming members, act as a liaison between the Teen BMA group and Museum staff, and plan mixers for teens.
Teens will choose a track based on their goals and interests and gain experience in that area. Individualized tracks include:
- Tours and Gallery Interpretation
- Bart’s ArtVenture (interactive children’s gallery) & Art Studio
- Community Outreach
Perks for Teen BMA members:
- Meet students with similar interests from all over town
- Meet and work with professional artists, writers, performers, curators, and other Museum staff
- Learn about careers in the arts
- Enhance your college application and resumé
- Receive a free membership to the Museum
- Give back to your community and Museum
Requirements for Teen BMA members:
- Teen BMA typically follows the school year (August-May) but as it is returning from a hiatus, it will start in January 2017
- Students must be in 9th grade through 12th grade in January 2017
- Attend a weekend orientation in January (date TBD)
- Volunteer three hours per month (minimum) on a weekend or weekday evening in their specific track
- Attend program meetings on the fourth Monday of every month in the evening
- Help plan an exhibition to be on view in the Museum’s Education Gallery in May 2017
Applications for Teen BMA are accepted year-round, but the deadline to apply for January-May 2017 is December 16, 2016.
Want more information? Contact Lindsey Hammel, Manager of Volunteer and Visitor Services, at email@example.com.
Support for Teen BMA is provided by the Mike and Gillian Goodrich Foundation.