Teen BMA is a volunteer group at the Birmingham Museum of Art that gives high school students exclusive access to Museum staff and operations, opportunities to learn from artists and other arts professionals, and hands-on volunteer experience.
During the school year, teens will have the opportunity to assist in gallery interpretation, Bart’s ArtVenture, studio art classes, community outreach, museum festivals, and other events.
Perks for Teen BMA members:
- Meet students with similar interests from all over town
- Work with professional artists, curators, and other Museum professionals
- Learn about careers in the arts
- Enhance your college application and resumé
- Receive a free membership to the Museum
- Give back to your community and Museum
Requirements for Teen BMA members:
- Attend a weekend orientation
- Attend monthly program meetings on Monday evenings
- Volunteer three hours per month (minimum)
- Help with the annual Teen BMA project
- Students must be in 9th through 12th grade
The deadline for the 2017-2018 school year has passed. We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. For more information, please contact Lindsey Hammel, Manager of Volunteer and Visitor Services, at email@example.com.