The purpose of the Digital Media internship is to assist the photography and digital media department in day-to-day tasks. In carrying out these tasks, the intern will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the production and implementation of a wide variety of digital media projects including digitizing the collection, managing multiple WordPress websites, event photography, and digital asset management.
Area of Study: Photography, videography, graphic design, or related field.
Time commitment: 20 hours per week preferred, dependent on school requirement.
- Create, edit, and post content to WordPress sites utilized by the Museum
- Photograph, edit, and process digital photos for exhibitions and collection
- Catalog photos, PDFs, videos and other files in the Museum’s Digital Asset Management System
- Photograph museum events
- Shoot video of museum events and collection
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with digital photography equipment and software
- Working knowledge of studio lighting for photography and video
- Experience with digital video capture and editing
- Strong sense of composition
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Google app suite
- Please explain in your personal statement why you are interested in producing digital content for the Birmingham Museum of Art and what you can bring to our team.